Point Pleasant is an eclectic church that defies conventional definitions and stereotypes. We welcome families of one or of many to any of our worship opportunities. We are located in a rural setting with both a traditional sanctuary and a modern ministry center. There is a place for you at Point Pleasant!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Contemporary – 10:00 a.m. in the Ministry Center
Think casual, yet worship-filled. Electric guitars, keyboard, and drums. Though this service appeals to families and younger folks, we have all ages who prefer this energetic worship style. There is childcare for families with younger children and kids are welcome in worship. Outdoor Sunday School runs during this service and the livestream can be found on our YouTube Channel.
Traditional – 11:15 a.m. in the Sanctuary
Think traditional, not stuffy. Choir, hymns, and organ music. Though this service appeals to folks over 50, there are many younger folks who prefer this traditional setting. Kids are welcome in worship. You’ll see suits and jeans…and everything in between. Hearing Assistance Devices Available.
Cambodian – 1:00pm in the Fellowship Hall
Cambodian family worship takes place in Khmer on Sunday afternoons followed by a meal and games.
Guidelines for In-Person Worship Services
Please read carefully these important details for our In-Person Worship Services:
All in-person worship services will abide by (or exceed) all state Covid-19 requirements for worship; including the following:
- Capacity limited to 25% room capacity (55 in Worship Center and 53 in Sanctuary). (We will have extra seating available outside the room should we reach capacity)
- Outdoor airflow through the room using a fan system (so you may want to bring a jacket).
- Well-defined social distanced seating.
- Everyone wearing masks.
- Frequent reminders about not physically greeting others.
- No passing of microphones or offering plates (there will be an offering depository).
- A short 50 minute per week service.
- No congregational singing.
- Self-Contained Children’s Activity Packets (both services) and four spaced single family tables available in the 10:00 a.m. service.
We want everyone to err on the side of safety and only attend if you feel comfortable and safe doing so. We will be doing all of the above to create a safe worship space; however, there is no in-person gathering that does not come without some level of increased risk.