Service Information for Sunday June 20th, 2021
- Service Times: Indoor In-Person Worship
- 10:00 a.m. In-person Blended Worship in the Ministry Center
- 11:15 a.m. In-person Traditional Worship in the Sanctuary
Revised Indoor Worship Guidelines (as of 6/15/21)
On June 15th California lifted most restrictions for in-person worship with less than 5,000 people in attendance (I think we will just squeak by). Last Sunday, I shared that we have been working hard in preparation for this change, and would be sending out the guidelines this Tuesday in the E-News. So here they are:
- Masks will no longer be required (although those who have health concerns are encouraged to wear them). We continue to encourage persons to be vaccinated.
- We will be continuing our outdoor airflow system at both worship services (Ministry Center and Sanctuary). We believe this is an incredible safety asset that we have developed which largely allows our indoor worship to have much of the safety benefits of outdoor worship (no stagnant air).
- Seating will continue to be spread out (social distancing), with flexibility for persons that have formed “social pods” to sit together. Since we have two large worship facilities (for both our 10:00 a.m. and 11:15 services), we will be able to spread out and still accommodate everyone.
- Avoiding physical contact. We will not be passing the offering plate or microphones, and we will encourage non-physical greeting of one another.
- The services will continue to be under an hour in length.
- We will continue with our online options for worship (Livestream and Sermon-Only), since we are blessed with a rather significant online congregation that has come into existence.
We want everyone to err on the side of safety and only attend if you feel comfortable and safe doing so. We will be doing all of the above to create a safe worship space; however, there is no in-person gathering that does not come without some level of increased risk.
Welcome to Point Pleasant United Methodist Church!
Our purpose is to create a community which focuses on deepening our faith as we worship God and serve others in the love of Christ.
We are a “come as you are” church of regular people who want to follow Jesus at all stages of faith and circumstances. We are located in Elk Grove, California and welcome families of one or of many—and anything in between!
We are located just 5 miles south of Elk Grove in the historic Point Pleasant community and offer separate traditional, contemporary, and Cambodian worship services nestled in a rural setting. Our unique location hosts a 70+ year old traditional church sanctuary as well as a modern worship and ministry center.
Join us at one of our many opportunities to worship and gather each week. We think you’ll agree that Point Pleasant is a church worth finding!
At PPUMC, we intentionally prepare ways for God to work a change in us,
by creating opportunities for families, of one or of many,
to be in community:
and serve others in the love of Christ