Returning to In-Person Worship
(While continuing to offer our Livestream option)
10:00 a.m. Blended Service* in the Ministry Center (55 person capacity)
11:15 a.m. Traditional Service in the Sanctuary (53 persons capacity)
*Blended=Contemporary and Traditional music
The 10:00 a.m. Service in the Worship Center and the 11:15 a.m. Service in the Sanctuary will abide by (or exceed) all state Covid-19 requirements for worship; including the following:
1) Capacity limited to 25% of room capacity (55 in Worship Center and 53 in Sanctuary). (We will have extra seating available outside the room should we reach capacity)
2) Outdoor airflow through the room using a fan system (so you may want to bring a jacket).
3) Well defined social distanced seating.
4) Everyone wearing masks.
5) Frequent reminders about not physically greeting others.
6) No passing of microphones or offering plates (there will be an offering depository).
7) A short 50 minute per week service.
8) No congregational singing.
9) Self-Contained Children’s Activity Packets (both services) and four spaced single family tables available in the 10:00 a.m. service.
We want everyone to err on the side of safety and only attend if you feel comfortable and safe doing so. We will be doing all of the above to create a safe worship space; however, there is no in-person gathering that does not come without some level of increased risk.Home Worship
Welcome to Point Pleasant United Methodist Church!
Our purpose is to create a community which focuses on deepening our faith as we worship God and serve others in the love of Christ.
We are a “come as you are” church of regular people who want to follow Jesus at all stages of faith and circumstances. We are located in Elk Grove, California and welcome families of one or of many—and anything in between!
We are located just 5 miles south of Elk Grove in the historic Point Pleasant community and offer separate traditional, contemporary, and Cambodian worship services nestled in a rural setting. Our unique location hosts a 70+ year old traditional church sanctuary as well as a modern worship and ministry center.
Join us at one of our many opportunities to worship and gather each week. We think you’ll agree that Point Pleasant is a church worth finding!
At PPUMC, we intentionally prepare ways for God to work a change in us,
by creating opportunities for families, of one or of many,
to be in community:
and serve others in the love of Christ